2020 Competition by the Numbers
During the 2020 Spring RecycleMania Competition:
- 4.5 million college students, faculty and staff were reached.
- 300 U.S. and Canadian campuses participated.
- 48.6 million pounds of waste recycled or composted (materials were also donated and used as biofuels).
- 380 million single-use plastic containers were removed from the waste stream.
- Campuses prevented the release of 70,875 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MTCO2E) into the atmosphere, equivalent to preventing annual emissions from 50.047 cars!
Four Main Categories:
- Zero Waste > Aquinas College (smaller campus division) and University of Michigan (larger campus division)
- Diversion > Loyola Marymount University
- Per Capita > Loyola Marymount University
- Food Organics > Stanford University
- Race to Zero Waste™ > Georgia Institute of Technology
- Per Capita - Southwestern College
- Total Amount Recycled - Stony Brook University
- GameDay Basketball winners:
- Diversion – The Ohio State University
- Per Capita – George Mason University
Case Study Winners:
2020 RecycleMania National Press Release
2020 RecycleMania Blog - featuring impact, campus strategies, and more!
2020 RecycleMania Campus Poster - recognizing all campus participants
2020 RecycleMania Final Results Flier