Facing a challenging year
With U.S. colleges and universities facing a challenging academic year with hybrid schedules, online learning, and additional safety measures in place to protect the health of students, faculty and staff on campus, we understand if you are unable to participate in the 2021 competition.
We welcome all campuses to compete in the CR2ZW 2021 this spring (Feb-March), however if you are unable to compete due to capacity reasons, safety reasons, or there is simply a significantly less amount of trash and recyclables on campus to track – that is OK. There are other ways to engage beyond the competition.
- Check out our new campus guide to reduce plastics - Stemming the Tide: Taking Action on Campus Against Plastic Pollution featuring 36 colleges and universities. Before you dive into the guide, test your knowledge of how plastic pollution impacts our marine environments.
- Participate in CR2ZW professional development webinar series – the fall webinars are posted; spring 2021 is coming soon. Join us for the “Tackling Plastic Pollution on Campus” webinar on Oct 8.
- Review the 2020 campus case studies on waste minimization, food waste reduction, and education and awareness.
- Check out our new Student Resources page to access information on helping students gain leadership skills.
- Use the spring competition timeframe to host digital communications and engagement campaigns to continue to educate your campus community on waste minimization tips and strategies.