2019 RecycleMania Final Results!
During the 2019 Spring RecycleMania Competition:
- 5 million college students, faculty and staff were reached; 1.25 million actively engaged.
- 300 U.S. and Canadian campuses participated.
- 69.5 million pounds of waste is recycled or composted (materials were also donated and used as biofuels).
- 300 million single-use plastic containers were removed from the waste stream.
- Prevented release of 99,254 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MTCO2E) into the atmosphere, equivalent to preventing annual emissions from 20,895 cars! Since 2001, RecycleMania has engaged and educated millions of students, faculty and staff at more than 1,000 colleges and universities, preventing the release of nearly 1.55 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent, which is comparable to removing over 320,000 passenger vehicles from the road for one year.
Three Main Categories:
- Diversion > Loyola Marymount University
- Per Capita > Loyola Marymount University
- Food Organics > Knox College
- Race to Zero Waste™ > Union College
- Per Capita - Southwestern College
- Total Amount Recycled - Saint Louis University
- GameDay Basketball winners:
- Diversion – Ohio State University
- Per Capita – Rutgers University
Case Study Winners:
- Towson University - Education and Awareness - Towson's Fix-It Fair Program
- North Carolina State University - Waste Minimization - NCSU's Paper Towel Composting Program
- Knox College - Food Waste Reduction - Knox's Food Recovery Network Program
- Central New Mexico Community College - Honorable Mention in Education and Awareness - CNMCC's Recycling Bin Re-organization Program
2019 RecycleMania Blog - featuring impact, campus strategies, and more!
2019 RecycleMania Campus Poster - recognizing all campus participants
See detailed reports below.